Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Birthday!!!

Ok, so the pics didn't upload in the right order and I don't have the time to fix it so - we'll just have to deal with them the way they are.

Anyway, we had Max several birthday parties. The official first birthday party was on Dec 19th and we had it at one of the party halls where my Dad lives. It's a nice facility and worked well for the party. My parents, Chris' parents, Lena, Aunt Lori, Mike Weston (our friend) and The Hodges: Todd, Marianne and Macey all came. We had a wonderful time and Lil Man enjoyed himself. Covered in cake

Posing, aren't I cute
Just started in on his smash cake


Macey Hodges with Mommy Marianne




Lil Man chewing on his blocks



I love opening presents and I LOVE tissue paper





Decorations galore
I did the theme in bright colors: all red, yellow, green and blue
I think it turned out really pretty and bright which is all I wanted anyway



Food, yum



Max's smash cake




Max's birthday cake
Really the cake for the rest of us since he had a smash cake




Presents!!



Pic of Max eating frog cake

Ok, so after the 12/19 party he got to have another party day on his actual birthday 12/30
I celebrated with him alone that morning because I took the day off of work
We had a blast and he and I made muffins with cream chesse icing which he loved
My parents came over that morning and celebrated with him too
That evening we went to Lena's house where Chris and Lori met up after work
Paul and Kathy had spent the entire day working on a frog cake for Max
So, technically I guess this Lil Man got several parties, but he deserved it and enjoyed every minute of them all



Nana and Pawpaw's Frog Cake









No comments: